As we’ve seen over the past couple of weeks in Southern California, rain can occur at any time. Sometimes, rain is simply a part of camping. If you are well prepared for rain then you will be able to embrace and enjoy this beautiful side of nature. The following tips will help keep you warm and dry in the event of rain.
Preparing your tent for rain
Whether you are expecting rain or not, you should always prepare your tent for rain. This eliminates any problems in the event of a sudden downpour.
- Select a high spot on your campground to set up your tent. Keep in mind that any indentations under your tent could become a puddle when it rains.
- Put a waterproof tarp underneath your tent. Fold the ends of the tarp underneath so that nothing is sticking out.
- Keep your belongings away from the sides of the tent.
- Set up a tarp over your tent.
- If you plan on leaving your campsite for the day, make sure that your air mattress is in the very center of your tent, away from any walls. Place all of your gear on top of the mattress and cover it with a tarp.
Packing to stay dry
Whenever you suspect that you will be camping in the rain you will want to make sure that your luggage stays dry. Line your duffel bag or suitcase with a large black lawn trash bag and put your clothes inside of that. Put each sleeping bag and pillow in large plastic bags, and keep at least one set of clothes in a large Zip-lock bag to ensure that it stays dry.
- If your tent is wet when you tear down your camp make sure that you set it up immediately when you return home. This will allow your tent to properly dry and prevent mold from ruining it.
- No matter what the forecast says, always pack enough rain ponchos for everyone.
- Make sure that your tent has adequate ventilation when you are inside it to prevent condensation from building up.
- Remember that regular firewood will not burn properly when wet. Earth Log Fire Logs create more heat than traditional firewood and they are guaranteed to light, even when wet. Pack plenty of Earth Log Fire Logs to ensure a perfect campfire every time.
Did you know that Earthlogs burn even when they are wet? Just remove any of the wet paper packaging, shake off any excess water, and light. Earth Logs Fire Logs produce more heat and less smoke than conventional fire logs. Less smoke means less carbon monoxide, less particulate matter emissions and less creosote accumulation. When used properly, Earth Logs are better for your health, safety and the environment than any other type of fire log. Earth Log Fire Logs are made from waste paper and the highest quality scented paraffin waxes. In addition, the Original Citronella Earth Log Fire Log naturally repels insects without the use of harmful chemicals. Earth Log Fire Logs are your best choice for camping this summer.
For more information about the products offered by Earth Logs, please contact us today!